Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Chaz Bono's 'Dancing With the Stars' Exit: 'I'm Not Leaving the Show Bitter or Angry'

ABC Chaz Bono didn't get the chance to end his six-week Dancing With the Stars tenure on the highest note. Though he was happy with his and partner Lacey Schwimmer's Broadway week Tango, neither were pleased with its reception. Lacey called out the judges' "disrespectful" comments after the show, and during his results night package, Chaz was visibly frustrated with the remarks about his weight. But after their elimination, both seemed to accept the news. STORY: Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Fellow Pros React to his 'Dancing With the Stars' Tirade "I was quite angry [Monday] night," he said, "but I feel really good [tonight], and I'm just grateful to have had the experience. I'm not leaving the show bitter or angry or anything... It was a wonderful, life-changing experience." A veteran of the show, Lacey saw the writing on the wall. She went into Tuesday's show planning on getting voted off. "After the judges comments and scores last night, it was kind of no question," she said. "It was almost as if they set it up, but we came and did what we wanted to do on the show." And as Chaz said at the close of the episode, what they wanted to do was inspire people. They seem to have accomplished their goal on at least some level, because even with the low scores, they made it past the halfway point of the season. STORY: GLAAD Applauds Chaz Bono on Heels of 'Dancing With the Stars' Elimination "We got to stay on a long time because of the fans," he said. "I got to dig deeper into myself than I ever have and overcome a lot of fear and pain and anxiety and stress. It's made me a better person." It did not make him want a new career, though. Chaz says he's not sure what his next move is, but it probably won't involve dance. "I don't know when I'm going to have an opportunity to continue to dance, but if it arose I would," he said. "I really enjoy it." Chaz Bono Dancing with the Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment